Roof AC Gasket Kit for RVs: Allows you to install your RV's roof AC unit with confidence Universal Fit: Fits most RV roof AC units Seals: Provides a waterproof compression seal that conforms to seams, bumps and irregularities Dimensions: Foam leveling pads measure 7/8 inch x 1 7/16" inches x 18" inches and 5/16" inch x 1 7/16" inches x 18" inches Gasket Inner dimensions: 14" long x 14" wide - Gasket Outer dimensions: 17" x 17" wide
- Always ensure that power is disconnected from the AC unit before beginning work.
- Refer to RV &/or AC manual for assembly/ disassembly instructions
- Gaskets should always be replaced when installing or reinstalling an RV roof AC unit.
- Completely remove any old gasket material.
- The surface on which the new gasket is being placed must be clean, dry and free of any sharp edges or burrs.
- When re-assembling the AC unit do NOT over-tighten screws/bolts. Refer to RV &/or AC manual for proper installation guidelines.
- (Note: DO NOT use any kind of liquid, tube sealant or silicone sealer. The gasket is intended to provide a compression seal.)
- Use leveling pads provided to support the section of the AC unit that does not sit over the picture frame gasket. Refer to your RV &/or AC manual for precise placement of pads.
- After the first week of use, check the AC unit bolts and retighten if necessary.